Freshman Class Decides to Elect Member to CCR

The freshman class overwhelmingly voted Monday to elect a representative to the Committee on Rights and Responsibilities (CRR).

The two Houses which were to elect representatives to the CRR along with the freshman did not take such affirmative action. Quincy House decided not to send anyone while Dulley House will allow its representative to participate only if the meetings are open to the public.

Eighty percent of the 630 freshmen-over half of the class-who cast their ballots favored electing a representative to the CRR.

The freshman class chose at the same time representatives to the three other committees proposed by the Fainsod Report. The class also voted to authorize the student members of the four new committees to meet together in a decision making capacity-an idea proposed by the HUC.

Newly-Elected

The newly-elected representatives are: Neil H. Jacobs of Greenough Hall and Newton, to the Committee on Students and the Community; Andrew S. Narva of Holworthy Hall and Chestnut Hill, to the Committee on Undergraduate Education; and Robert Coyne of Hollis Hall and Colonia, N.J., to the Committee on Houses and Undergraduate Life.