Sha Na Na Will Lead Harvard Rock Revival

New York's very own Sha Na Na will spearhead a Harvard rock ?n roll revival at two concerts on Saturday, May 2, in the Rindge Tech Auditorium.

"We hope the students will come in leather jackets, tennis shoes, and greased hair to recreate the '50's air," Larry DiCara '71, Quincy House Committee chairman, said last night.

The concert's sponsors- the Freshman Council and four Houses (Eliot, Kirkland, Lowell and Quincy)- have the option to plan other events to complement the concert. Quincy House is organizing a "grease-in" before the concert.

According to Glen S. Howard'71, co-produrer of the concert, the concert will not replace Jubilee Weekend, a freshman tradition abandoned earlier this year.

Alfred E. Poor'73, president of the Freshman Council, said that his class has not yet planned any other activities. "The idea of a gala college weekend is just not popular anymore Fifties revivals are, though," he said.

Sha Na Na will be preceded by The Sandy Hill Exchange from Springfield, and will perform two shows at 7 and 10 p.m.

Tickets, costing $3 and $3.50, will be sold only to freshmen and members of the four Houses beginning April 5. After one week, the tickets will become available to the general public.

"Rock 'n roll music was a great art form. When I was a little kid, I had a lot of heroes- but none were politicians. The first was Ted Williams and the second Elvis. Elvis Presley could turn people on when they didn't know how to otherwise," DiCara said.