Harvard Gets Less Than 30 Per Cent Of ECAC Tickets From Boston College

By Bennet. H. Beach

Harvard's share of the tickets for Tuesday night's ECAC quarterfinal hockey game between Boston College and Harvard at Chestnut Hill was sold out in three hours yesterday morning.

Only 1000 tickets were available here since B. C. did not send over the 40 per cent of its available tickets as required by Eastern College Hockey Association rules. The capacity of McHugh Forum is 3816. so Harvard received just over 25 per cent.

"We sort of expected this." ticket manager Gordon 'age said Tuesday in reference to the difficulty in obtaining the full allotment. "It's like trying to pall teeth."

Origiually. B. C. set aside 800 tickets, but Adolph Samborski, Harvard's director of athletics, called B. C. and arranged to get about 200 more.

When asked how he determined how many tickets to send to Harvard, Boston College's assistant director of athletics, Edward B. Carroll, explained. "There was no particular rule we used: we just said, 'well...'" He said that there are about 1500-20000 season-ticket holders to accommodate as well.

While Harvard students and alumni weren't overjoyed with the allotment. Samborski said that he was satisfied with the final arrangement. "We're not displeased with what we have, and I think we'll have enough. We don't want to make an issue out of this."

Samborski explained that most of the problem stemmed from varying interpretations of the word "available" in the ruling. "It's unclear what is meant by available," he said. "Is it capacity or what? They have season tickets there." He will suggest a clarification of the stipulation at an Association luncheon next week.

Carroll pointed out that since there are season-ticket holders. Harvard received more tickets than, B. C. students. "It's a bad situation, and there's just no way around it," he said yesterday.

The line started forming at Harvard at 7:30 a. m. yesterday, an hour-and-a-half before the office opened. By 9 a. m., there were about 50 people, including about eight B. C. students, crowded into the hall. Page set a limit of two tickets perversion.

The students there from Boston College had been turned away Tuesday at Chestnut Hill when tickets sold out in three hours. Page sold tickets to them but asked them to wait until he had served the Harvard students.

"They made a mistake wearing ties," said one B. C. student in reference to those who were asked to wait. He did not have a tie and obtained tickets right away.

As of 3:30 p. m. yesterday, Page had only turned away eight or ten persons, but he pointed out that a sign on the door to the building said that there were no tickets left.

The Harvard tickets are in four sections, two behind one goal and two along the side. "If we went further than that, we would have had to get into B. C. sections," Carroll said.