Lacrosse Team Battles Williams

By Bennett H. Beach

The lacrosse team will have its last chance to make mistakes and still win when it plays Williams today at Williamstown, Mass. Next week is the most important one of the season with games against Brown and Princeton.

Even in New England competition, which is a few steps below the quality of Ivy competition. Williams is far from a powerhouse. Last year, the Ephmen were the disappointment of the area with a 2-9 record. No one on the squad made the all-New England team, either.

This year, too, Williams is likely to lose most of its games, and today's contest should be one of those losses.

Of course, it has not been a very productive week for the Crimson. Attendance at practices Monday and Tuesday was low, and yesterday's workout was canceled because of rain. But the team had a good game with Massachusetts Wednesday and ran through one of its better practices Thursday, when almost the whole team showed up.

Harvard, now 1-1 in the Ivy League, is seeking its fifth victory overall. It is also trying to extend its winning streak over Williams to four games in a series which started in 1928.

Among the highlights of today's game is the Crimson ground ball competition. Rick Frisbie topped Bruce Regan, 11-10, Wednesday, so now those two and Don Gogel have each led the team in ground balls in two games.