Police Arrest Four Members of NAC On Breaking and Entering Charge

By M. DAVID Landau

Police arrested four members of the city-wide November Action Coalition (NAC) near Boston English School early yesterday morning and charged them with attempted breaking and entering.

Each of the four was released on $1500 bail later yesterday morning after being arraigned in Roxbury District Court. Each faces a possible five-year prison term when the trial continues a week from today.

The four said they had gone to Boston English to post notices for demonstrations next week against the war and in support of jailed Black Panther leader Bobby Seale. They added that they were arrested before putting up any posters.

Claim and Counterclaim

One of the NAC members, Bert H. Weiss. a student at Northeastern, last night denied a police charge that they forced the school's front door with a crowbar. Police had said that they found a crowbar along with posters and paste in front of the school.

Weiss claimed that he was beaten at police headquarters. Police contended that Weiss was injured as he allegedly tried to escape, a claim which Weiss denied. He was taken to Boston City Hospital and treated for facial lacerations.

The four arrested had come from a city-wide meeting at M.I.T. which discussed next week's demonstrations. Weiss said that other NAC members also left to post notices after the meeting.

Weiss charged that police singled him out for beating. He said that they recognized him because he had once spent a night in police headquarters conveying bail money to many of those arrested during last January's demonstration against Samuel I. Hayakawa at Northeastern.