Young Socialists Meet at Harvard To Study Theory

Young socialists from throughout New England will gather at Harvard tonight to begin a three-day New England socialist educational conference sponsored by the Young Socialist Alliance (YSA), a nationwide Trotskyist revolutionary youth group.

"The New Left is in a state of disintegration because it lacks a coherent outlook," explained Richard Osborne '72, chairman of Harvard-Radcliffe YSA. He said that the conference will try to supply a "consistent revolutionary theory" for young radicals.

YSA has scheduled a series of panel discussions, speakers, and workshops at Burr B focusing on the relationship between revolutionary theory and social issues. Osborne said that he expects about 200 people to attend the conference.

The conference will begin at 8 p. m. tonight with a speech by Frank Lovell, a national committee member of the Socialist Workers' Party.

Panel discussions and workshops, covering the anti-war movement. Third World Liberation, the Middle East, and women's liberation, are planned for 4 p. m. Saturday.

The conference will conclude Sunday when Peter Camejo, a Socialist Workers' Party candidate for the United States Senate, discusses revolutionary strategy in the 1970's at 2 p. m.