B-School Faculty Members Condemn Administration

By Samuel Z. Goldhaber

Last Friday 105 of the Business School Faculty's 163 members sent a telegram to President Nixon condemning his administration "for its view of mankind and the American community."

Specifically, the faculty and a handful of administrators objected to Nixon's and Agnew's use of the terms "bums" and "effete snobs." They also questioned "the ability of black Americans and other oppressed groups to obtain justice," and called for a halt in America's escalation of the Indochina war and American withdrawal from Southeast Asia.

The top ranking Business School deans were conspicuously absent from the list of signators. One exception was John A. Seiler '51, dean of the MBA program, who said he was "fed up with the Business School's lack of humanness and detachment from the real would."

A smaller percentage of students voted for the text of the telegram at a mass meeting than the percentage of faculty who signed the telegram on Friday. Monday's Wall Street Journal carried a Business School advertisement containing the text of the telegram.

Even though a three-day strike was voted down last week, 700 to 685. some first-year students went on strike anyway and in effect halted a ten-day series of first-year corporate war games, which depended on a complex interconnecting network of computerized inputs.

A small delegation of Business School students demonstrated Tuesday near the steps of the Treasury Building in New York. A contingent of more than 1000 policemen protected them and other business school students from construction workers who had previously beaten other anti-war demonstrators.

Future Activities

Future anti-war activity includes a drive to institute a two week recess for political activity before the November elections and a Review Board to supervise the Placement Office and to deny facilities to businesses aiding the war effort.