UNDO Receives 80 Draft Cards

Nine more draft cards were turned in yesterday afternoon to the Harvard chapter of the Union for National Draft Opposition (UNDO) to bring the total number received to 80.

UNDO representatives accepted the cards on the steps of Memorial Church where 72 cards were collected at a rally Saturday. One card turned in Saturday was taken back by its owner earlier this week.

Over 16,000 cards have been collected nationally, but UNDO representatives expressed some disappointment at the relatively small Harvard response. About 300 cards have been turned in at Princeton where a national UNDO convocation is presently underway to determine what should be done with the cards turned in across the nation.

One suggestion before the convocation is that the cards collected nationally be presented to President Nixon on May 27 along with anti-draft petitions bearing 50,000 signatures. UNDO has been circulating the petitions during the past week.

The meeting at Princeton will end late today and delegations will return home to report to their chapters. There are six UNDO representatives from Harvard at the convocation.

A meeting of those men who have turned in their cards to the Harvard chapte of UNDO Friday night at Adams House will decide whether to follow the mandate of the convocation or to take action on an individual level.