War Protestors To Go to Capitol

Peace Action Strike, a coalition formed yesterday by several Harvard anti-war organizations, is planning a mass anti-war lobbying effort in the Nation's Capital this weekend.

Leaders of the group say they hope between 500 and 1000 students, faculty, and employees from Harvard will journey to Washington on Thursday and spend the next day urging their Senators and Representatives to support several upcoming Congressional efforts to cut appropriations for the war.

Twenty busses have already been reserved for the journey, which will cost $20 round trip. The group will finalize its plans at an open meeting scheduled for 1 p.m. today in Harvard 104. Busses will leave Cambridge Thursday afternoon, and return from Washington on Saturday night after a mass demonstration scheduled for that afternoon in Lafayette Park.

Two organizations-The Faculty Anti-War Group and the Harvard Moratorium Committee-form the nucleus of Peace Action Strike. According to Everett I. Mendelsohn, professor of the History of Science and a member of the group's steering committee, its members believe current strike action should not focus on the University, but rather on Congress and on the election of anti-war candidates this fall.

Other members of the steering committee include: George Wald, Higgins Professor of Biology: Mark Ptashne, lecturer on Biochemistry: Doris Kearns, assistant professor of Government; Elizabeth E. Butterfield, assistant registrar of Harvard College and GSAS: and Richard Zorza '71 chairman of the Moratorium.