CRR Ousts Two Students, Censures Sixteen Others For Obstructive Picketing

By M. DAVID Landau

The Committee on Rights and Responsibilities last week suspended two more students until February 1971 for taking part in the obstructive picketing of University Hall on Monday, May 11.

The committe also placed five students under "suspended requirements to withdraw" for the May 11 picketing, and one, for the obstructive picketing which temporarily blocked CRR members from entering their hearing rooms in Holyoke Center on Saturday, May 16. The six will have to leave the University if they engage in any further disruptive activity.

Fifty-seven students have now come under punishment by the CRR for the May 11 picketing. Nine of these have been suspended from Harvard until next February.

Give and Take

On the other hand, the committee has voted readmission for two students who had been fired from the University for their part in the SDS occupation of University Hall last April. One of these must have his readmission approved at today's Faculty meeting, and the other, a member of last year's graduating class, will take his degree at Thursday's Commencement.

The CRR. in other decisions on the May 11 picketing, placed ten students under warning, sent a letter of admonition to one more student, and took no action against one.

The University also dropped charges which Dean Dunlop had lodged against two members of the SDS Radical Arts Troupe for kicking in a University Hall Door panel at a rally on May 14. The administration will instead charge the students $100 for the broken panel a spokesman stated last week.

Nine additional charges remain to be heard in connection with the May 11 and May 16 picketing. The committee will hear and decide on them this Wednesday, James Q. Wilson, chairman of the CRR, said yesterday.