READING PERIOD

By Jaime LE Papier

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

These take-out sandwiches and cokes from Tommy's and Hazen's and God know's where Else's are ecologically unsound. Think, if you can for this moment of the vibrant trees thrusting themselves towards the sun from the earth. yearning to breathe free like you or me, that must be cut down in the full sap of their youth to wrap a roast beef special.

And what of the nonbiodegradable plastic cups that you so casually consume and throw away, polluting your environment, and the environment of those around you? Is it relevant to ask that chemicals be thrown into rivers, even the Charles, that search for the purity of the ocean, seeking to escape the contamination of the earth, just so you can sloppily and wastefully place your wrapped sandwiches and capped cokes in bags. And what do you do with these brand new bags? Do you at least use them for garbage, thus preventing its spread? No. you don't. You just crumple them and pile them onto the already huge heap of garbage we have. Oh. shame shame on you-all. Frequent the Dunster Grill instead. In Dunster, we serve only on special, biodegradable plates.