Players Enthusiastic About Restic After Meeting in Dillon Field House

In his first brief encounter with some of Harvard's football players, new head coach Joe Restic succeeded in making a good initial impression.

"He's a very likeable person, a really dynamic man." said Steve Golden, a sophomore defensive back. He was one of about ten players who attended a 1 p.m. meeting at which Restic was introduced to the team.

Senior safety Brad Fenton felt the same way. "He was much more at ease and able to talk to guys than [coach John] Yovicsin." Fenton asserted. Yovicsin has been criticized for being too shy with his teams.

Restic indicated at the press conference that this would carry over to his habits during practices. "I'm a ubiquitous coach," he said. "I like to move around on the field," he added, pointing out that he would work with everyone as much as he could.

The players were also excited with the imaginative ideas Restic has, particularly on offense. "He wants to be as unpredictable as he can." Fenton contended, whereas Yovicsin had believed in perfecting an offense that relied on execution of a standard set of plays.

A third selling point was Restic's credentials. One indication of the respect held for him was a pair of offers within the past five years from the Toronto and Montreal franchises to make him a combined head coach and general manager.