Undefeated Elis Edge Harvard Frosh, 13-10

The Harvard freshman football team blew a 10-0 half-time lead to lose 13-10 to an agressive, undefeated Yale squad last Friday in New Haven.

The loss of two key players in the second half sealed the yardlings' doom as they failed to win for coach Henry Lamar in his final game as a Harvard coach.

"Yale played a great game. We just didn't have enough reserves to win it," Lamar said last night. He added, "I can't give these boys enough credit. I've never had a finer team."

Lamar retires this June after coming to Harvard to coach "temporarily" 40 years ago.

Harvard picks up points on fumble

Harvard capitalized on a Yale fumble in the second quarter to allow kicking specialist Alkinos Tsitos to kick a 31 yard field goal. On the next series of plays, Harvard co-captain Mike Page intercepted a Yale pass at midfield. Fellow co-captain Milt Holt ran the ball over from the one-yard line on a quarterback sneak and Tsitos kicked the extra point to give Harvard the lead 10-0 at the half.

Injuries

The ax fell early in the second half when a Yale defensive lineman punched Harvard end Pat McInally, breaking his nose. McInally, who caught eleven touchdown passes in the first five games, took Harvard's chances of a win with him when he left the game.

In the third quarter. Yale's Frank Perkowski capped a 65 yard drive with a one-yard scoring plunge. For Harvard, the worst was yet to come. Yardling quarterback Milt Holt was forced to leave the game in the fourth quarter with an eye injury.

Before Hold left, he threw his only interception of the game to Eli Bob Traeber. Following the turnover, Bulldog quarterback Tom Doyle ran around the right end from 17 yards out to give Yale the victory.