LAOS

By John Holt

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Our military rulers have worked out a new way in which they can make war in defiance of the Constitution and the clearly expressed will of Congress. They simply send our South Vietnamese mercenaries into whatever country they wish to invade with the promise that if they get in trouble (which they will) as many U. S. forces as may be needed will bail them out.

Using this process we have already invaded Cambodia and Laos. Now we are being softened up for the invasion of North Vietnam, and worse than that, for the use of tactical nuclear weapons. From there it will only be a short step to the war on China that our military rulers have so long coveted, and for which they have so long sought an excuse.

If we want to prevent all this, we will have to speak out loud and clear. It may be that the only way we can slow or stop this illegal march to a world war is to start impeachment proceedings against the President, in which case we should start without delay. To do so might at least remind him that he is an elected public servant, sworn to uphold the Constitution he daily subverts, and not an anointed Monarch.