Principles of the People's Peace Treaty

AMERICANS agree to immediate and total withdrawal from Viet Nam, and publicly to set the date by which all U.S. military forces will be removed.

Vietnamese agree to participate in an immediate cease-fire with U.S. forces and will enter discussions on the procedures to guarantee the safety of all withdrawing troops, and to secure release of all military prisoners.

AMERICANS pledge to stop imposing Thieu. Ky and Khiem on the people of Viet Nam in order to ensure their right to self-determination, and to ensure that all political prisoners are released.

Vietnamese pledge to form a provisional coalition government to organize democratic elections, in which all South Vietnamese can participate freely without the presence of any foreign troops, and to enter discussions of procedures to guarantee the safety and political freedom of persons who cooperated with either side in the war.

AMERICANS and VIETNAMESE agree to respect the independence, peace and neutrality of Laos and Cambodia.

Upon these points of agreement, we pledge to end the war in Viet Nam. We will resolve all other questions in mutual respect for the rights of self-determination of the people of Viet Nam and of the United States.

As Americans ratifying this agreement, we pledge to take whatever actions are appropriate to implement the terms of this joint treaty of peace, and to ensure its acceptance by the government of the United States.

I endorse the Joint Treaty of Peace. ( Sign and mail to: People's Coa?tion for Peace and Justice. 68 St. Stephen's St. Boston, Mass. 02115)