Crew Begins Yale Training

By M. DEACON Dake

When Mr. Goodpeople and his squad of proctors start passing out the SocSci 137 exams this morning, they'll be assisted by Harvard crew coaches Harry Parker and Steve Gladstone, who will administer final exams to squad members at Red Top, Conn.

Both Parker's heavyweights and Gladstone's undefeated lightweights left Saturday for the traditional training center outside New London. Parker's crews are preparing for the annual Harvard-Yale race while Gladstone's varsity lights "superboat" is getting ready for the Royal Henley Regatta in England.

Commence in Absentia

The Yale meet is scheduled for June 25, and after the varsity race Parker will preside over commencement exercises, presenting diplomas to the senior squad members.

The Crimson freshmen, J.V., and varsity boats, which finished second to Navy in the Rowe Cup standings at the Eastern Sprints, all appear to be in little danger of being upset by the Elis. Yale finished in last place in the Rowe Cup race, 28 points behind Harvard. The Bulldogs' main problem stemmed from the fact that not one heavyweight crew was able to make the finals.

In the freshman race at the Sprints, Harvard made its best showing of the day, finishing second to the Midshipmen, while the Crimson's J.V. boat placed third in its division behind Brown and Navy respectively. The varsity came in third behind Navy and a surprising Rutgers eight.

The varsity loss to Navy was a rematch of the Adams Cup race held the Saturday before, which the Midshipmen also won.

Rematch

This year's Yale race is the 106th of the series in which Harvard holds a 58-47 advantage. Last year the Crimson won the four-mile race by 29 seconds.