THE "EASE-THE-PAIN" LOTTERY

The Mail

To the Editors of the Crimson:

We are all members of the human race. Some of us, however, by virtue of certain nuances, are subjected to a day in our lives when uncertainty finally yields to the pressures of Congress. Yes, as any freshman can tell you, the Draft Lottery is approaching, and we are all feeling the weight. Consequently, we address the following request to the women of Harvard-Radcliffe, especially those who feel slighted at not being eligible for this august event.

To give this day all the respect it deserves, we are holding the first annual "Thayer North Ease-the-Pain Lottery for Draft-Age Youths." Each inhabitant of the first two floors of Thayer North is eligible to contribute $.50 to the pool. He who ranks highest on Uncle Sam's "Kill-a-Gook-and-Grin" list receives the entire pot.

If your lack of eligibility troubles you, there is something you can do. Help the poor devil in Thayer North who receives the lowest number. Make a donation to our lottery. If you'd like to spread a little friendship and consolation around, drop by Thayer North sometime before Feb. 2 (the date of the lottery). Leave your gift, be it money or merely reassuring words, with Paul in room 46, Ted in room 45, or Rusty in room 49 (all on the first floor). We only hope that the thoughtful women of this university will rally around us in our hour of need.

P.S. Donations of Canadian money are welcome. Paul Samuels '75   Ted Jewell '75   Rusty Pickard '75