esoterica

Jonas Cornell, Swedish film director, visits Harvard University today under the sponsorship of the Harvard Center for West European Studies and the Swedish Information Service.

Cornell will be accompanied by his wife, Agneta Ekmanner, an actress who has starred in two of his films and in Susan Sontag's Duet for Cannibals.

Cornell will be taking part in a seminar on the contemporary Scandanavian film and will present a short film composed of excerpts from the work of seven major Swedish directors. At 8 p.m. that evening he will personally present Like Night and Day at the Hilles Library Auditorium, after which he will discuss the film with his audience.

A novelist and stage director, Cornell is also the founder and editor of the important theater magazine Dialog. He has scripted all of his films.

The Cornell visit is the second in a series of such visits, sponsored by West European Studies, which bring together, at Harvard, principal filmmakers and their major works. Eric Rohmer, the French director, made a rare public appearance, as part of this series, on Oct. 11. Others who have indicated interest in the series are Louis Malle, Alain Resnais, Claude Chabrol and Francois Truffaut.

Call 495-4303 for further information on the Cornell visit, or on this program in general.

Psychomotor Therapy, a lecture demonstration on Friday Nov. 3, at 8 pm., at the PSYCHOMOTOR INSTITUTE, 251 Commonwealth Ave., Boston. Tickets res. $2.50, Students $1.00. For information call: 261-2622.