Crimson Junior Varsity Basketball Squad Defeated by Boston University Freshmen

The Crimson J.V. basketball team lost to the Boston University freshman team yesterday at B.U. by a score of 107-84.

Coach John McCarthy said that, despite the score, he felt that his players played well. "I was quite happy with what I saw," said McCarthy.

The Crimson cagers stayed even with the B.U. five early in the game, but fell behind 30-28 midway through the first half and went to the locker room down by ten.

The B.U. freshmen opened up a wide lead in the third quarter which the Crimson, despite a good fourth quarter, were unable to overcome.

High point man for the Crimson and for the game was Jim Cameron with 30 points. Cameron, a 6-4 center, has led J.V. scoring in recent weeks. "He has a fantastic soft shot," said McCarthy. "He can hit either inside or outside," he added.

Guard Mike Covak was second high scorer with 18 points. McCarthy also singled out forwards Kerry Riskin and Mike Williams who were effective on the defense and under the boards.

Coach McCarthy had high praise for the B.U. team. "Many of those freshmen have fine college careers ahead of them," he said.

The B.U. team ran a number of different defenses against the Crimson with varying degrees of success. Early in the game, they ran a full court press that had little effect but later switched to a half court press and were able to pick off several passes.

This loss leaves the J.V. with a 4 and 4 record for the year.