Ivy Coaches Pick 5 Harvard Players To League Squad

After the press corps had a shot at selecting an All-Ivy football squad, the league coaches chose the official 1973 team Saturday which includes five Harvard players.

There were only three differences, as far as Crimson players go, between the coaches' team and the press selections. Bill Ferry and Dave St. Pierre, both ignored by the writers, were voted in by the coaches. Mitch Berger, an All-East Second Team selection by the AP, was not on the coaches' All-Ivy team.

Repeaters for Harvard are Jim Stoeckel in the quarterback slot, Pat McInally, who was a unanimous selection at split end, and Bob Shaw at defensive tackle. The selection of Yale's Rick Fehling at defensive end prevented Berger from repeating.

In other voting, Don Clune, Penn's wide receiver, defensive end Tom Csatari of Dartmouth and Cornell's senior linebacker Bob Lally were each picked for the third year in a row on the team. This doubles the number of three-time repeaters, as only Archie Roberts of Columbia, Ed Marinaro of Cornell and Dick Jauron of Yale have ever held this honor since the league was formulated in 1956.