Radcliffe To Host Feb. Dance to Aid Bach Mai Hospital

Three Radcliffe Houses decided this week to sponsor a benefit dance to collect funds for the rebuilding of the Bach Mai hospital in North Vietnam.

The dance will be held either February 23 or 24 in the Currier House Fishbowl. The proceeds from the $1 admission charge will go to the Bach Mai rebuilding fund through either the Vietnam Peace Campaign or the American Friends Service Committee.

Bach Mai hospital was a 950-bed facility in Hanoi. It was destroyed by bombs from American B-52s in December.

Idea Department

Judy Bierman '73, a member of the Currier House Committee, first got the idea for the benefit and mentioned it to members of the Currier, North, and South House Committees. The House Committees discussed and approved plans for the dance this week. The band Haien has agreed to play at the dance without pay.

Bierman said last night that she suggested the benefit because she thought "it would be a pleasant way to raise money for what I think is a very necessary cause."

She said the joint Radcliffe House Committee will decide this weekend on a final date for the dance and make other necessary arrangements. The joint House Committee will publicize the dance throughout the University.