McManama Wins Grid Club Trophy

Rack up two more honors for Crimson center iceman Bob McManama. In addition to being selected as an All-American on Wednesday, McManama was also the recipient of the Boston Gridiron Club's Walter Brown award and yesterday was voted to the All-Ivy League first team.

The Walter Brown trophy is given each year to the top American-born college hockey player. McManama, a resident of Belmont, is the third Harvard player in three years to receive the trophy. Joe Cavanagh won the award two years ago and Dave Hynes took the honor last season.

150 Points

McManama topped the 100 mark in career scoring this season, adding 51 points to the 99 he earned during his sophomore and junior years. He stands third among Harvard's career scorers, behind Bob Cleary and Cavanagh.

In addition to McManama, senior winger Bill Corkery was also added to the All-Ivy first squad. Corkery finished a lone point behind McManama in scoring this season. This is Corkery's first time on the All-Ivy squad; McManama was selected last year with Hynes.

Also on the first team are Cornell's Dave Elenbaas in the net, Bill Murray on defense, and Carlo Ugolini on the line with Corkery and McManama. Brown's Keith Smith, also an All-American, rounds out the first team.

Harvard did not have any representatives on the second squad, as the coaches selected goalie Ken McKenzie and forward Bob Kane of Yale, defensemen Mike Hubbert and Pete McNamee of Penn, Doug Marrett and Bill Hanson of Cornell, and defensemen Dave Street, also from Cornell. There was a three-way tie between Hubbert, McNamee and Street for the two defensive spots.

Receiving honorable mention for Harvard are goalie Joe Bertagna, defensemen Doug Elliott, Kevin Hampe and Mark Noonan, and forward Randy Roth.

The only two teams not represented among the top twelve players are Dartmouth and Princeton. Big Green goalie Peter Proulx who was chosen last year, was the biggest surprise in not being selected again.