Hart's and Hardy's Jobs Are in Doubt

The director of Athletics said yesterday that neither of former basketball coach Bob Harrison's assistants were assured of jobs for next season.

Robert B. Watson said yesterday that it was still "unclear" whether Earnest Hardy, coach Harrison's principal assistant, or Bob Hart, the JV coach, would return next season.

Interim Coach

Watson said Friday that he expected to hire an interim head coach for next season, to allow the Department to make a thorough search for a permanent coach

Hart coached the JV to an 8-1 record this season. In his coaching, Hart stresses defense and employs a variety of zones and a tight man-to-man. Hardy is largely responsible for recruiting James Brown and Floyd Lewis and worked with them and the other forwards over the past two seasons.

Watson met with Baron Pittinger, the associate director of Athletics, yesterday afternoon to discuss Hart's and Hardy's status.

Recommended Articles

Swimming Team Protests Selection of New Coach
The announcement Tuesday that Southern Illinois coach Ray Essick will take over the reins of Harvard's stellar swimming team has
Walker Named as Acting Swim Team Coach; Team Members Praise Essick's Successor
John Walker, Harvard and Radcliffe's diving coach since 1972, will be acting head coach of the swim team, Robert B.
Search Group to Seek New Head Basketball Coach
The associate director of Athletics announced Monday that a search committee has been formed to seek out a new head
Removed Professor Returns to Class
A month after administrators temporarily replaced the lecturer of one of Harvard’s largest classes due to student complaints, officials stress
Speakers Chosen To Address Graduates
Eric B. Hart ’03 will urge graduating seniors to be civil in public debate in a speech chosen Friday to
A Touch of Garlic
The situation with the soccer team is a series of illogical stands. Coach Bruce Munro, confronted with a team that,