Princeton's 'Perverto' Slate Defeated; Normalcy Prevails for Another Year

The slate of Princeton candidates who advocated "the spread of sexual perversion" on campus was narrowly defeated Wednesday in Princeton's Undergraduate Assembly election.

After the first ballot "Perverto" candidate Richard Goodman led his strongest opponent, Andrew J. Strenio, for the presidency.

However, the vote was conducted according to a 1-2-3 rating system, and the votes for the third place candidate were redistributed among Strenio and Goodman. Strenio emerged the victor with 1364 votes to Goodman's 1259.

Each of the other three candidates on the "Perverto" slate also placed a close second. Curtis Hayden, the candidate for the vice presidential spot, said Wednesday that their campaign to promote perversion meant "absolutely nothing."

The four students who ran on the "Perverto" slate were dissatisfied with Princeton student politics, and wanted "to show what a farce student government is."

Strenio said yesterday that he won the election because Goodman was overexposed.

The unprecedented 75 per cent turnout of the student body at Wednesday's election was attributed to the publicity of the "Perverto" campaign.