Hagerty and Kittredge Named All-Ivy

Crimson scoring leader John Hagerty and defenseman Charlie Kittredge have been named to the 1973 All-Ivy first team in lacrosse.

Kittredge, who was an All-Ivy performer in 1971 before taking last year off, was a unanimous selection to the all-star squad. Only one other Ivy player, Brown attackman Steve Russo, was a unanimous choice.

Hagerty, who tallied 32 goals and 7 assists in 13 games for the Crimson this season and was the second-leading scorer in the Ivy League this spring with 17 goals and 5 assists, is a first-time All-Ivy selection.

Kittredge and Hagerty are the only Crimson performers to be honored this year by All-Ivy commendation.

The Ivy coaches determine the All-Ivy squad, and no coach can vote for his own players.

There were only two repeaters from last year's All-Ivy squad, Russo and Bruce Arena, a midfielder from Cornell. Ivy champion Brown placed the most men on the first team with four, while league runner-up Cornell had three. After Harvard's two, Princeton had one first-team selection.

The Line-Up

The All-Ivy line-up places Russo, Hagerty and Bill Chaires of Princeton at attack, and Arena, Dave White and Jeff Wagner, the latter two both from Brown, at midfield. Besides Kittredge, Dominic Starsia of Brown and Jim Bradley of Cornell were named as defensemen. The goalie is Mike Emerich of Cornell.