Crimson Racquetmen Thrash Williams, Stay Unbeaten With Easy 9-0 Victory.

Harvard's undefeated squash team stormed to its fifth victory of the year behind captain Glenn Whitman, a 9-0 rout of the Williams College racquetmen.

The easy victory, in which the Crimson squad captured 30 of the 32 games played, extended a Harvard four year, 47-match unbeaten streak.

The Crimson were in complete control throughout the match. The landslide began as Whitman quickly dispatched the Williams squad's number one man, Peter Talber, 15-7, 15-2, 15-11. Whitman again displayed the dazzling array of shots which have established him as one of the top men in intercollegiate squash.

Junior Peter Blasier turned in another fine performance in the number two position as he swamped Frank Gianatti, 15-8, 15-11, 15-4. Archie Gwathmey also came away from his match untouched, trouncing Mike Donovan, 15-4, 15-8, 17-14 in the number three slot.

Playing without fourth man Dick Cashin, coach Jack Barnaby's club again showed its impressive depth, as sophomore Jeff Wiegand took over the spot and scored an easy 15-7, 15-4, 15-8 conquest of his opponent, Mark Watkins.

Harvard's only two losses of the day came when fifth man Bill Kaplan and sixth man Fred Fisher both suffered single game setbacks.

Kaplan, a fast-developing freshman, rallied from an 11-5 defeat in the second game to record an impressive 15-7, 15-3, 15-10 victory over Bob Beck. Fisher appeared in complete control of his match, ripping off successive 15-9 wins in the first two games. His winning touch deserted him temporarity in the third game, but he followed his 8-15 loss with another 15-9 effort to ice the match.

Jim McDonald came next with an easy 15-9, 15-4, 15-5 thumping of the Williams seventh man, Stewart Browne. Steve Mead started quickly in the eighth spot with lopsided 15-7 and 15-6 scores, then barely hung on in the third game for a 15-14 win over Gene Berg.

Cass Sunstein put a fitting end to the day's festivities by shipping a weakening Bruce Sheehan, 15-10, 15-7, 15-5.

The Harvard team was not hard pressed at any time during the match, outplaying the Williams squad in every facet of the game. The Crimson powerhouse has also recorded shutout victories over Cornell, Army and a highly touted Navy team this yea.

Sporting a 1-0 Ivy record, the Crimson now heads ror a contest with the Big Green of Darthmouth on Jan. 22 at Hanover.