Water Polo Squad Torpedoes Exeter; Bozer Sets Mark

With only one player on reserve, the injury-ridden Harvard water polo team destroyed a listless Exeter squad, 14-3, in a weekend meet at the Exeter pool in Exeter, New Hampshire.

The Crimson squad, comprised mainly of freshmen along with some members of the varsity team, had its finest match of the young season as the aquamen completely dominated the prep school champions.

The triumph was truly a team effort as each member of the Harvard team had to play nearly the entire game without a breather, using only one sub to spot the regulars.

Fresh Preppies

Employing a full rotation of players, the Exeter squad had a fresh group in the pool the whole match. But a good offense is a good defense, and the Crimson aquamen maintained constant pressure on their foes to thwart Exeter attempts to muster an offense.

Jerry Feliciano and team captain Al Bozer contributed stellar performances as they accounted for a combined total of eight Crimson goals to lead the offensive barrage.

Feliciano, a former high school All-American, led the scoring with five goals. George Magalack chipped in with two goals, and was a stalwart on defense.

For one stretch in the final quarter the Crimson squad was a man short because one Harvard player fouled out of the game, and Bozer was ejected for fighting. But the defense was up to the task and Exeter was stymied once again.

Bozer said he was extremely pleased with the team's performance because the freshmen showed tremendous poise despite a lack of experience. "The freshman squad reacted very well under pressure. They were able to bring the ball down with minimal difficulty," he said.

Sets Record

Upon being ejected from the contest, Bozer set a new Harvard record for kickouts. It was the twenty-third time that Bozer had been ejected from a game in his four-year career.

"I viewed myself as the policeman for our team," Bozer said. "Some of those Exeter boys thought they had something to prove against Harvard, and I wasn't going to let them intimidate us," he added.