LAMPOON AVENUE

THE MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

I am amazed. In a time when working on the problems of inadequate housing, unemployment, inflation, and a host of other ills should be at the top of any politician's priorities, we have the sad spectacle of Councilor Alfred Vellucci spending his time by nursing his vanity. We are informed by one of his fellow councilors that he is peeved because The Crimson does not give him the kind of coverage he feels he deserves, and so he threatens to humiliate them by forcing Lampoon Avenue into their address. By his actions he indicates an unusually small scope of vision and suggests to all that he has not yet reached mental puberty.

Mr. Vellucci has insulted his fellow councilmen by lowering the council to the forum of a petty, personal vendetta. He has insulted the reading public be implying that his actions are newsworthy enough to deserve their attention, and he has insulted his electorate--the public who thought they were voting for a man who would work for their interests rather than his pride.

Cambridge is a city with many problems. Perhaps Mr. Vellucci will soon realize that the way to get good coverage is to work constructively for the good of one's community, rather than silly, childish tirades against Harvard and its organizations. Mark S. Hruby '78