JOCK SHORTS

Of the nation's ten leaders in total offense, four reside in the Ivy League. The Crimson's Jim Kubacki, who set Harvard's total offense record with 310 yards against Columbia last Saturday, ranks second, with an average of 239.3 yards per game. Yale's Stone Phillips (201.3) stands fourth, Bob Bateman of Brown (200.3) fifth, and Princeton's Ron Beible (176) tenth...

Yale's Gary Fencik and the Tigers' Neil Chamberlin are tied for second in receiving with 18 receptions apiece, while Beible is the seventh leading passer in the nation with 39 completions in 66 attempts...

Last weekend's Ivy League soccer play produced another easy win for the defending champs, Brown, who demolished Yale by 5-1. Penn was upset by Dartmouth, 4-3, while Cornell downed Princeton, 2-1. The Bruins have now won 15 consecutive Ivy contests, and have the Ivy scoring leader in Fred Pereira...

Pereira has three goals and an equal number of assists for six points. Harvard's Dave Acorn is tied for third with two goals...

The Bruins also remained atop the New England soccer poll, polling all 12 first-place votes. Connecticut stands second, Vermont moved up to third, with Crimson booters in fifth place behind Bridgeport. This week's poll, however, does not take into account Harvard's 3-1 loss to Amherst on Tuesday. The Lord Jeffs were ranked twelfth this week...

Sophomore halfback Larry Schember is is a questionable performer for the Crimson against Cornell on Saturday. Schember, who is used mostly as a kick returner, injured his shoulder against Columbia.