NCAA Predictions

Rock Steady

The ghost of NCAA Past continues to haunt the Harvard hockey team. For the third time in the past three tries, the Crimson squad has started with what has apparently been a solid lead, only to be spooked in the third period.

The nightmares are growing worse. Last night I kept dreaming that this pack of vicious gophers attacked my ankles. I beat them off with a hockey stick, but they kept coming back, finally over taking me completely.

Crystal Rock Says...

The crystal Rock grinds to a halt today, after being taken in twice (in the ECAC finals and last night's NCAA semifinals) by the Harvard hockey squad. Its record now stands at six correct out of nine predictions, not quite as good as The Crimson's Ivy League football predictions.

For the final fling of the winter season, the crystal Rock looks to the NCAA hockey consolations and finals this evening:

CONSOLATIONS--Harvard hardly ever wins NCAA consolation games. It has picked up just two victories, in 1955 and 1969, in six visits to the tournament. There is no reason why Harvard should win this one either, even if the opposition is hated Boston University. This game will be painful for both squads to have to play. The masochists among you can watch all the action on the tube (channel 44) tonight at 7 p.m. as a warmup to the finals at 10 p.m.

The final score? Something like B.U. 8. Harvard 6. Who the hell cares?

FINALS--Michigan Tech, many said last week, is the best squad in the tournament and after last night's 9.5 destruction of the Terriers the Huskies have picked up many believers. The crystal Rock will go with Tech once again, Michigan Tech 6, Minnesota 5.