More U.N.

In Progress

The internal maneuvering continued this week in the International Relations Council, the student-run corporation that stages two large model United Nations conferences here each year.

The council's president, Marvin N. Bagwell '76, reversed his decision--announced in anger after a six-hour board of directors brouhaha Sunday night--to resign his post, citing requests from council members not on the board and from Archie C. Epps III, dean of students, that he remain.

Bagwell--who had been inducted into office only hours before his departure from the meeting--one of the three students appointed to aid Epps in his investigation, and is regarded as a neutral among the council's warring factions.

The directors--after Epps in person had reiterated his request that the council's attempts at attaining tax-exempt status with the state and the Internal Revenue Service be suspended--deadlocked over whether to flatly ignore Epps's order and hire an accounting firm, finally deciding to pass a watered-down resolution making it clear they eventually intend to do so.

Epps has wanted them to make use of accounting expertise within the University.