THE STAGE

By Paul K. Rowe

Arms and the man was reviewed in yesterday's Crimson. It's a fairly good production of Show's characteristically well-made, witty play that has much to do with Bulgarians and human aggression. Its central character, Capt. Bluntschli, is known for loading his revolver with chocolate. Tonight, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday at 8 p.m. at the Loeb Mainstage.

Phoenician Women. "For it is vain and foolish to talk of knowing Greek," said Virginia Woolf, "because in our ignorance we should be the last in a classroom of schoolboys, for we do not even know how the language sounded..." This is the annual Greek-play-presented-in Greek. People who will understand the Greek already know much more than I do about the play. For those of us without Greek, past experience with these productions has led to a belief that they can be beautiful, fascinating experiences even for those who understand nothing directly, especially if you read a good (University of Chicago) translation before going. At the Loeb Ex, tonight, tomorrow and Saturday at 7:30 p.m.

Butley was reviewed in yesterday's Crimson. An ambitious production that carries through a very high proportion of a very funny play. Wry humor about a professor whose life is falling apart with--considering the unhappy surface of the plot--and amazing number of laughs.