'Cliffe Waterpolo Swamps Northeastern

Defense Seals Victory

By Audrey H. Ingber

The Radcliffe waterpolo team went to Northeastern University last night to humble its host, 12-2.

The excellent defense displayed by the Crimson squad proved the key to the victory. The Radcliffe women would not allow their opponents to come near the goal and Northeastern was unable to score during three of the four periods.

Northeastern played its first game of the season last night and has had little practice time to prepare for the Crimson onslaught.

Captain Jeannie Guyton and Kim Cole led the scoring attack, putting in five goals each. Laura Garwin, who left her goalie position to play offense for the first time last night, and Maureen Murphy also contributed to the team effort by scoring one goal each.

Coach Hess Yntema '76 switched his players in and out of the goalie position. Besides regular Laura Garwin. Kim Cole and Claudia Hagadus guarded the goal.

According to sophomore Karen Bromberg. "We played our most aggressive game of the year--both defensively and offensively." At the same time the Radcliffe women kept their fouls at a minimum, which paid off since NCAA rules governed last night's game and doesn't allow unlimited fouls.

Outstanding Teamwork

The 'Cliffe squad came together for outstanding teamwork. "The team worked really well together." June Roin said after the game. "We would have four passes and then a goal. Everyone was watching the other players and using real teamwork."

The Crimson offense sparkled with accurate passing and shooting. But according to Guyton. "The outstanding feature of the game was fine defense."

Last night's victory lifted the squad's record for the season to three wins and one loss.

The team will end its season with a tournament held at the University of Massachusetts on May 3.