'Cliffe Laxwomen Fall to Tigers, 6-4

The Radcliffe lacrosse team lost to Princeton, 6-4, Saturday in a game at Soldiers Field.

Princeton scored three quick goals in the opening minutes of the contest on its first three shots, but the Crimson lax-women hung in and stayed even with the Tigers for the rest of the first half.

"We really weren't there for those first few minutes." Radcliffe captain Carlene Rhodes said. "Our passing was pretty sloppy at the beginning, and they took advantage of everything they had. They were really on the ball."

The second half was another story, however, as Radcliffe responded with four tallies by Barbi Matson, Rhodes, Carrie Minot and Anne Johnson.

The Crimson rally wasn't enough, however to overtake the Tigers.

"After the first three minutes we played well, and then exceptionally well into the second half," Rhodes said. "We played a great game after we were down, 3-0. Princeton had a fine goalie, and she deserves a lot of credit."

So Radcliffe lost another tough contest because of some lax play during a small segment of the game. Wheaton provides the Crimson's next opposition tomorrow, and perhaps then Radcliffe will finally put it all together and achieve some consistency for a whole game.