Calendar

TODAY

LOWELL HOUSE OPERA SOCIETY will present the second performance of RIDERS TO THE SEA by Ralph Vaughan Williams, an adaptation of the one-act play by J.M. Synge, Ronald C. Perera '63 and David S. Cole '63, directors. G.B.S.'s MAN OF DESTINY will appear on the same program. Dining Hall; 8:30 P.M. Tickets: $3.00, $2.25 and $1.50. At the Coop; reservations may be made by calling KI 7 - 7569. Through Sunday.

CHAMBER MUSIC CONCERT by the Kirkland House Music Society will include figures from The Art of the Fugue and other works by J. S. Bach, Soloists; Neal Zaslaw '61, flute; Tison Street, violin; Joel Sachs '61, piano; and Laurence Lesser '61, cello. Junior Common Room; 8:30 P.M.

SUNDAY

QUINCY-HOLMES ARTS FESTIVAL delves into the world of music for an afternoon concert of music by everybody from Gabrieli to Hindemith. Festival Orchestra and the Sims Bass group. Quincy Dining Hall; 2:15 P.M.

TWENTIETH CENTURY CHAMBER AND VOCAL MUSIC. The Adams House Music Society will sponsor a concert of works by Schoenberg, Berg, Webern, Ives, Ruggles and Varese. The performers: Dorothy Crawford, soprano; Bentley Layton '63, baritone; Cynthia Carpenter, flute; Jean Louis Bourgeois '63, clarinet; Gregory Biss '64, piano; and Bruce Archibald, piano. Junior Common Room; 4:30 P.M. Free, and open to the public.

SERVICE OF MUSIC. The University Choir, directed by John Ferris, University Organist and Choirmaster, assisted by the Bach Society Orchestra will participate in a Palm Sunday evening service of music that will include a performance of Bach's Cantata 131, Aus der Tiefe, and two motets by son Johann Cristoph. Memorial Church; 8:30 P.M. Open to the public.

THURSDAY

HARVARD GLEE CLUB AND RADCLIFFE CHORAL SOCIETY will swell the ranks of the BSO for the Boston's performance of Gabriel Faure's Requiem. The program also includes Bruckner's To Deum and an Adagio from his string quintet; Charles Munch returns to the podium. Symphony Hall; 2:15 P.M. (Repeat performance SATURDAY at 8:30 P.M.)