David Bromberg Notwithstanding

THE MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

In your advertisement for new subscriptions you boasted that if anything happened at Harvard one night we would surely read about it in The Crimson the next morning. However, if The Crimson were my only source, I would never have known that the William Belden Noble Lectures were given in Memorial Church on November 3, 4 and 5 to an audience of several hundred. It is a puzzlement to me that you would not consider the presence on campus of a scholar of the international stature of Hans Kung to be newsworthy.

Under the rubric of "What is the Christian message?" Professor Kung addressed such topics as religion and modern man, Christian humanism, the compatibility of Christianity and world religions and the present state of ecumenical dialogue between the Protestant and Roman Catholic church.

David Bromberg notwithstanding, I should think that between their orange juice and the day's frantic pace, some of your readers would have been interested to muse with Professor Kung over questions of the meaning of human existence. Edward Kenneth Braxton   Visiting Lecturer in Ecumenical Relations   The Divinity School