Dramatic Club Elects Women To Serve Four Top Offices

By Judith Kogan

The Harvard Dramatic Club (HDC) yesterday initiated four women into the top four officers for the first time in its history.

Alison H. Clarkson '77, newly-elected president of what she yesterday called a "male-dominated club," said she and her board intend to "radicalize" the HDC.

The election of four women to top positions is significant, she said, because it means women will have a stronger voice in running the Loeb.

Clarkson is the fourth woman to become president of the HDC.

Lisa Weissmann '77, the newly-elected recording secretary, said yesterday the four women were chosen on the basis of their qualifications, not their sex. She estimated that seventy per cent of the voters in last Sunday's elections were men.

Clarkson said she will try to develop a sense of "club and community" among the 150 registered HDC members, adding that the large number of shows produced by the Loeb tends to prevent cohesiveness within the group.

The other five members of the HDC executive board, who do not hold specific offices, are men.

Clarkson said the new board's immediate concern will be to discuss our objectives" for the coming year.