Rock Steady Predicts

The crystal rock was temporarily fogged up last Tuesday from an unexpected New Hampshire snowstorm, resulting in a miserable 2 for 4 prediction record and death threats from the Crimson diehards in Snively Arena. With a new sense of school spirit and a defroster, the crystal rock tries again:

BROWN-CORNELL--I didn't give Cornell much credit Tuesday, and gave Brown perhaps too much. The Big Red knows what it's like to play in the Garden, while the Bruins have been known to, well, lose certain big games. This one will be close, but I'm rooting for the squad from Providence. Brown 5, Cornell 4.

HARVARD-BOSTON UNIVERSITY--There's a certain strategy to picking against your own school. If Harvard wins, like last Tuesday night, you're so happy it doesn't matter that your prediction was wrong. And if Harvard loses, you can say you knew it would happen all along. So I'm tempted to pick the Terriers, who are heavily favored on paper in tonight's ECAC semifinal contest. I was burned on the UNH prediction and goalie Brian Petrovek told me the team would be "happy to burn me again." Good strategy. But a renewed sense of spirit and optimism (not to mention the death threats) has caused me to go with the Underdog. Harvard 8, B.U. 3.