Aquamen Place Four on First Squad

All-Ivy Squads Named

By Stephen W. Parker

Harvard's aquamen notched four berths on the first squad of the All-Ivy swimming team, but the post-season awards weren't as pleasant for the Crimson hockey and basketball squads, however, as only two members of each squad received honorable mention.

Crimson swimmers who placed on the first team were Dave English in the one-meter dive, George Keim in the 100-meter butterfly, Kevin O'Connell in both the 100-meter and 200-meter backstroke, and Duncan Pyle, also in the 200-meter backstroke.

Harvard's contingent of four swimmers on the first team tied Dartmouth for second place in the league dominance sweepstakes. Princeton, with ten members named, outdistanced the rest of the league.

The best hockey forwards Kevin Carr and George Hughes could manage was honorable mention on an All-Ivy squad dominated by Dartmouth, Brown and Cornell. The three league leaders took 11 out of the 12 spots available on the first and second teams.

The Crimson cagers didn't fare any better in the basketball selections. Bill Carey was one of five league forwards named to the honorable mention list, while a similar distinction was bestowed upon guard Glenn Fine. Both Princeton and Penn put two players on the first team, while Dartmouth, Cornell and Yale, with two representatives apiece, dominated the second team.

According to final Ivy League hockey statistics, Hughes, the Crimson's leading scorer, finished eighth in the league's scoring derby with nine goals and 13 assists of 22 points.