Warmed-Over Rhetoric

The Mail

To the Editor of The Crimson:

Reading the report (May 12) of Stokely Carmichael's oration at Harvard was a weird experience. I wondered who among black students at Harvard today could possibly think that the warmed-over two-penny rhetoric of Carmichael had any relevance whatsoever to the current needs of Afro-Americans. I also wondered why such black students would be so dependent emotionally upon Carmichael's brand of ideological nonsense that they thought he was worth an honorarium ranging, no doubt, between $1000-2000. What a waste... Martin Kilson   Professor of Government

Recommended Articles

Troilus 2: The Rave Warrior
One would never have thought that tragedy and techno would go hand in hand, but as director Martijn Hostetler '00
Bayard Rustin
After the much-publicized "Black Power" controversy, it is refreshing to see the subtleties of agreement, as well as disagreement among
Dartboard
I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm Here at Harvard, we love to complain about our barren dating-scene. The
No Headline
Yesterday morning when the members of Philosophy 5 went to Dane Hall to prepare for today's examination, they found only
No Headline
Many men have wondered why there have been no development classes in the gymnasium this year similar to those of
No Headline
The junior crew is to be congratulated upon its victory in the class race yesterday. The men rowed an excellent