rock

It all fell apart over the summer, whatever was left. You still had a few things around that you could
By Richard S. Weisman

It all fell apart over the summer, whatever was left. You still had a few things around that you could fall back on in a pinch--a few concerts, local starving artists in the street, you know. The cult guys are still around, sure. But they're all into it now, too. It's got the makings of an international conspiracy. It's the lowest musical common denominator since the bongo drum; Sonny and Cher, Hall and Oates, Stiller and Meara, Leopold and Loeb, local starving artists in the street, they're all into it. Hendrix and Joplin are releasing posthumous albums of it. Disco. May the Good Lord take me, take us all, to the great Disco in the sky. The dam has burst, and vapidity in three-quarter time now envelopes us all. Yea, though I Hustle through the Valley of the Shadow. . .

Don't worry, there's nothing at all you'll be missing this week if you decide to paint your room or audit the Red Line instead of donating your twelve bucks to der Internazionalkonzertenkartel.

But if you insist:

Boys of the Lough: A folk band from the British Isles, these boys surely must realize that they'd better clean up their act with a little contemporary U.S. disco muzak to rope in those big bucks (or "pounds," if you will).

Mary Travers: Mary's quivering soprano should lend itself ideally to a disco version of "Puff the Disco Dragon." Symphony Hall, Sunday, October 3 at 2:30 pm.

Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes: Bruce Springsteen's lawyer should get on these guys' tails if the Anti Defamation League doesn't beat him to them. Asbury Jukes indeed...Also featuring Nils Lofgren, about whom very little can be said. (Actually, this concert isn't until next Friday, October 8, at the Orpheum, but since there's nothing happening this week, what can you do?) Later,