Fundamentally Outstanding

THE MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

Thank you for the outstanding article on fundamentalist Christians at Harvard. It was one of the best-written and objective pieces of journalism that I have ever read. However, I would like to make a few comments. First of all, I know of no one in the Harvard-Radcliffe Christian Fellowship (HRCF) who would claim that our group comprises all of the Christians at Harvard. The Church is not bound by any single denomination, much less by a single undergraduate organization, and I affirm the right of my brothers and sisters in Christ to call themselves Christians regardless of whether or not they attend HRCF meetings. Second, not all of us would characterize ourselves as fundamentalists. It is a loaded term and connotes not only extreme Biblical literalism but also political conservatism, neither of which many of us in the HRCF subscribe to.

The HRCF is a very diverse group, and it would be impossible to describe it with perfect accuracy, but your article came quite close. J. Barry Vaughn '78