ROCK

Springtime is the time for birds, bees, young love. But not in Boston. In Boston it's springtime for H-tler. In Boston it's a whole 'nother smoke. It's a different ballgame--springtime rock howls in like a crewcut pick-up truck full of rednecks full of Pabst and Seconal. Scary.

*****

Springtime for Springsteen, too, speak of the devil. Those of you who saw Sissy Spacek, in "Carrie" will be happy to know that, because of strained ligaments, she'll be unable to join Bruce in his current tour. But you should catch Bruce--along with an all-star group of new background performers with Roots or summer cottages in or near Asbury Park, N.J.--on Tuesday, March 22 at the Music Hall, 8 p.m.

The rest is just listings. Trumbo wrote the beginning graf, I wrote the sorta shallow parody of what usually appears in this space under some pseudonym or other of mine, Diana did the graphics, Tony is the magazine editor, Judy is the Crimson Arts editor, Peggy is the assistant magazine editor, and God's in his heaven, etc. Special thanks to Jacques Costeau and the entire crew of the Calypso except for Hairy Pierre.

Der Marschalltuckerbund--March 19 at 7 pm in the Music Hall. (Maybe Harry had this in his column.)

Frauleim Bobbenraitt--March 30 at 8 pm at the Music Hall.

Herr Al Von Schtewart "mit" special guest Vendy Valdmannn '56, April 15 at 8 pm at the Orpheum.

ZZ Topf and Santa Anna (not a German will be at the Garden the 16th at 8.

Bob Schvieger and Der Silver-bulletbund "mit" special guests Zeitgeist, Gestalt and Derringer at the Music Hall the 18th at 8.

Be there or we will put sauerkraut in the gas tank of your Volkswagen. Und to not think we are kidding.

Trumbo is going to write the last graf.

Trumbone, Go Ahead.

Paranoia runs around deep. When they come for the Birchers' guns, when the busts bust and the silicone rain falls, when the grand jury indictments all come up with your name, and the percentage of illegitimate pregnancies conceived while rock music is playing creeps over 90, then it's time to get out. Kerp and Trumbo be seein' you. (He writes so well.) Off we go, in our flying bunker, high over Boston, wingin our way into your hearts, homes, mind, and a better reward.

Good luck on your Emkatz.

Later,

[Can't forget that.]

Recommended Articles

Snow, Cold Weather Make Students Unhappy
After a record-setting snowfall last month, most students were looking forward to relief from the white stuff in April. But
PREDITORIALS
Doing it for money E ven if you hate classical music to death for its staid canonical values that place
The 'V' Spot: Talkin' Softball
A few weeks back, writers across the country welcomed the start of springtime with the advent of baseball season. Especially
CLASSICAL
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11 Handel and Haydn Society of Boston --Thomas Dunn conducts the Society's orchestra and chorus in Bruckner's Mass
Two Modern Operas
Two widely divergent contemporary operas were presented this weekend at Harvard and B.U. The first was The Man in The
My Happy Summer in France
I love Paris in the springtime. I love Paris in the springtime. I love Paris in the Springtime. [crescendo con