Radcliffe Reorganizes Structure

By Laurie Hays

Radcliffe College received a $300,000 grant from the Ford Foundation earlier this year to establish a program for women's studies which will be independent from the University. President Horner announced last night.

In addition to the establishment of the Radcliffe Data Resource and Research Center, the internal structure of the Radcliffe administration has been reorganized, abolishing the Office of Women's Education (OWE) and the Radcliffe Institute.

Under the new plan, the number of research fellowships for the study of women in modern society which are presently sponsored by the institute will be increased by the formation of the Institute for Independent Study.

The centralization of the Radcliffe administration is designed to make "more efficient use of our personnel and to add additional fundraising resources." Horner said.

The Radcliffe Data Resources and Research Center is designed to provide a base for research to understand the effect of changing social conditions on the "lives of independent women." Horner said.

Patricia Graham, who resigned two weeks ago as vice-president of Radcliffe and director of the Institute, said last night. "I am completely in favor of the reorganization plan and there is no question 6