In Progress

The Cambridge Planning Board recommended this week that the City Council change the zoning laws covering Observatory Hill.

Harvard didn't want to build the garage immediately--such a plan is mentioned only in its long-range plan--but area residents, who are already annoyed about the construction of an athletic facility there, want to be sure it doesn't get built, ever.

The council is likely to approve the recommendation, partly because it is an election year and fighting Harvard is always good for votes.

The Faculty Council has begun discussion of a petition, submitted last spring, asking for a women's studies concentration, but has not come close to reaching a conclusion.

Recommended Articles

Citizen Group Seeks to Block Quad Facility
A Cambridge citizen action group attempting to stall construction on the Observatory Hill athletic complex will request today that the
City Board Hears Plea Against Gym
Cambridge residents last night began again the process of fighting Radcliffe's proposed Observatory Hill athletic facility at a Cambridge Planning
City Council Passes Several Zoning Measures
Debate was almost absent at last night's Cambridge City Council meeting, as the council passed several uncontroversial zoning amendments. On
ANNOYED
To the Editors of The Crimson: I was surprised and annoyed to find myself given as the authority for the
Zoning Change Passes Hurdle
A Cambridge zoning change which would allow Harvard Square developers to provide less parking space and would increase the amount
Council Debates Parking Spaces
In an atmosphere one councilor described as "trying to please everyone in an election year," the Cambridge City Council held