Sacco-Vanzetti Papers

Pusey Library will issue a statement concerning the release of the Sacco-Vanzetti papers within a week, Harley P. Holden, curator of the University Archives, said yesterday.

Holden said the papers are still being catalogued. The papers belonged to Abbott Lawrence Lowell, president of the University between 1909 and 1932.

Holden opened the sealed package containing the papers on December 9.

Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were executed in 1927 for the murders of a factory paymaster and guard during a robbery in 1920. Many people believe the two were convicted because of their anarchist beliefs. Lowell served on a committee formed to review the conviction in 1927.

Recommended Articles

RUS Funds Undergraduate Child Care
The Radcliffe Union of Students (RUS) voted Monday to appropriate $900 to pay the day-care expenses of Besha Rodell, daughter
Sacco-Vanzetti Papers To Be Freed Tuesday
The public has only four more days to wait to see the contents of the University's files on the Sacco
Holden Chapel
After months of extensive renovations, Holden Chapel will reopen this afternoon with an initiation ceremony preceding the first choral rehearsal
College Unveils New Holden Chapel To Glee Club Serenades
It once was a house of worship, but has since been turned over to secular purposes. It has housed George
Change at College Comes at Slow Pace
Holden Chapel is 256 years old. Over the last three centuries, the third oldest building in the Yard has hosted
CAMOUFLAGE
The current, New Republic invests Boston with a purpose, namely, the execution of Sacco and Vanzetti. It attributes this purpose