American Express Team Rolls To 4-1 Win Over J.V. Women

The hard-charging women of Boston's American Express club soccer team "carded" four goals in the second half yesterday afternoon, smothering the Harvard women's junior varsity squad, 4-1.

The J.V. booters, now 1-4 on the season, lost the game in the opening minutes of the second hall when the defense and the American Express strikers swarmed all over goalie Lily Lee.

"That really set the tone for the second half" Crimson coach Reid Whitlock said afterward.

"We didn't lose to them 7-1 like we did last time "and we didn't have a single illegal throw-in. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to praise."

The Crimson booters had dominated the early action, beating their foes to the ball in the first-half play and notching the game's first goal, a 15-foot Chris Amadjian chip midway through the opening period.

The Express squad, a club team composed mainly of "Club Atlantic league post-college" players, according to Whitlock, outshot the Crimson 24-21, despite some right-place-at-the-right-time midfield play by halfbacks Emily Keeling and captain Alice Hill.

Up front, Amadjian teamed with Jenny Kane to provide Harvard's offensive punch.