Women Sweep in Road Games

Women Harriers Win

"Invade and conquer" is a term more fitting for the battlefields of the Marne than on a cross-country course but the women harriers visited Dartmouth yesterday and devastated them with a near-perfect score of 19-40.

Paula Newnham was the winner this week with a new course record of 16:59, thus becoming the third Harvard runner to finish first in the last three meets.

Following

Therese Sellers and Karla Amble followed behind taking the second and third spots with times of 17:20 and 17:39 respectively. The fourth and fifth positions went to Dartmouth runners Becky Forbes (17:56) and Nancy Pease (18:03). Captain Sarah Linsley (18:22) and sister Kristin (18:31) tied down the victory finishing sixth and seventh.

It was Harvard's race all the way as Karla Amble took the lead for the first mile. Newnham moved into the lead taking advantage of a hilly area. Sellers also picked up the pace over the last mile to lock up second.

Next Tuesday Harvard will challenge the local talent in the Greater Boston Championships at Franklin Field.