Mideast Treaty Talks to Begin On October 12 in Washington

CAIRO--Egyptian, Israeli and American negotiators will meet in Washington October 12 to begin talks which will lead to a peace treaty, Egyptian government sources said Sunday.

The sources said the location was changed from Ismailia, on the Suez Canal, to Washington, so participating American officials would be more available.

There was no official comment on the date and location of the peace talks, the next step outlined by the Camp David agreements signed by President Carter, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin in September. Sadat is scheduled to address the Egyptian parliament today.

The negotiators will try to work out a timetable for a two-phased Israeli troop withdrawal from the Sinai Peninsula. They will also seek to arrange the replacement of the Israeli military rule on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip with a local Palestinian administration.

However, in Jerusalem, about 100 West Bank Palestinian leaders met Sunday and issued a statement asking their followers to boycott elections for an administrative council that might be held under the Camp David agreements.

From the Beginning

In Israel, Prime Minister Begin said his country would not tolerate any declaration of an independent Palestinian state by such a council.

Begin returned yesterday from the hospital where he was admitted Friday after complaining of feeling weak.