Brown Closes In On Passing Marks, May Pass Kubacki

By Laura E. Schanberg

Crimson quarterback Larry Brown has more on the line in this year's Yale game than just avenging last year's Yale game than just avenging last year's loss to the Elis and trying to salvage this frustrating season. If the multiflex rolls this Saturday, Brown is likely to break three Harvard records--career touchdown passes, net yards passing for a season and total career offense.

The Kirkland House senior is just one TD toss short of Ric Zimmerman's record 20, which has stood up for over ten years (since 1967, to be exact).

Touchdown

Brown is also just 182 yards short of the single season passing record currently held by Milt Holt, who garnered 1456 yards in the 1974 campaign.

It would take a mighty good day on the gridiron, but if all goes well and the Crimson racks up plenty of yardage, Brownie could replace Jim Kubacki in the annals of Harvard football lore as the total offense leader. Right now, he trails Kubacki's 3042 total by 321 yards.

Brown already holds three Harvard records, two of them game marks he set last year in his aerial bombardment of Penn. In that contest he passed for 349 yards, while accumulating 375 yards total offense. In addition, Brown broke Kubacki's career passing record against Brown two weeks ago.

"I don't really care about the records," Brown insists. "If we lost but I broke those records it wouldn't really matter. But I'm really anxious to go out and do it. It sure would be a great feeling to go out in style, as they say," he added.